Monday, May 23, 2016

One down, many to go!

           Yesterday I sat through my first undergraduate commencement ceremony since that of my own, eleven years ago. As I sat there, I thought about the year that has just passed. Nearly twelve months ago I was arriving in Spokane, to my new home, new office, new community, new job, new life. At the time I didn’t know my colleagues or my students. I didn’t know what church I would attend or who would become my friends. I didn’t know if I would be a good teacher or if my students would like me. And I didn’t know if, in the midst of learning to teach, I would also be able to successfully complete the PhD on time.

Much has happened this year.

Since I’ve not given many updates on this new life (there was barely time to sleep!), allow me briefly to sketch what life has held these last twelve months and all that God has done here in Spokane. I’ll do so in a series of installments. My life in this first year has been consumed by Whitworth, the doctorate, and church, and so I’ll tell you about those, followed by an update on my upcoming summer plans! Huzzah for summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment