Monday, September 02, 2013

Minnesota and Montana

Dearest friends.  My apologies for leaving you all suspended on your vicarious-travel-string.  The last three weeks have been packed full of every activity under the Mississippi bluff land and Montana mountain sun.  My time at home was spectacular, filled with family and friends, both old and new.  In fact, it was one of the best times at home in a long time. 

One of the picturesque highlights of my time at home were the foggy Minnesota mornings along the river valley of County Road 71.  This is the view from home deck—yet a favourite sight among all my world-wide travels.

IMG_0035

IMG_0044

Brandon and Kerstin’s wedding day, the ultimate reason for my travels home, was a great day, albeit a bit hot and sticky.  Here is myself, Kerstin, and my new niece, Ava.  I finally got the sister I always wanted.  Well done, Brandon.

Wedding

Like all good things, it came to an end last Monday when I continued my trans-Atlantic journey to Cooke City, Montana, my beloved mountain village of a second home, where I’ll be for the next wee while.  It’s been wonderful to be back, both to be physically in the town/region and with my second family.  I’m so blessed.

IMG_0278

IMG_0297

Here’s the view of one of the three ‘streets’.  It doesn’t get much better than this, folks.

IMG_0136

And one for the artists in the group…

IMG_0260

My dad arrived yesterday on his motorcycle from Minnesota, looking for a fresh mountain adventure.  It’s now 6:30am Mountain Time and we’re gearing up to ride motorcycle over what has been deemed by many as the most scenic highway in all of the Continental United States—the Beartooth Highway.  I promise to post pictures of it.  I guarantee you’ll want to check back.

So now you’re updated, sort of.  (Not that most of you needed to be, since the majority of my faithful readers are in either Minnesota or within half a mile of me right now!)  Nevertheless, I promise I’ll do better from now on, or at least I’ll try!

2 comments:

  1. You've convinced me to visit Montana some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go! It's a beautiful State!

      Delete