Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kayaking Island Lake

Part of the beauty of the Beartooth Mountains is the vast number of stunning lakes, each filled with water clear enough to make you think you’re in the Caribbean.  Most are accessible only via foot, but a few along the Beartooth Scenic Highway basically throw themselves at you as you drive past.  One of my favourites is Island Lake, the head of a chain of lakes extending north into the backcountry. 

On Tuesday, Kim and I loaded her kayak and a borrowed kayak into the vehicle and headed up the road to Island Lake.  The weather was (again) perfect for another outdoor adventure, and, as Kim is prone to do, she and I seized the day.

Of my entire trip here thus far, the photos taken from the kayak on Tuesday are my favourites.  I hope you enjoy them as well.

DSCN4134

DSCN4170

Kim demonstrating her skills.

DSCN4172

DSCN4151

Here’s a photo Kim snapped of me on her phone—a common scene.

IMG_3122

Next time you’re looking for something to do on a nice day, grab your kayak (or borrow one) and head to Island Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment