Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cache Creek, YNP and Bald Ridge, WY

One can’t come to Yellowstone National Park and not go fly fishing.  One can go fly fishing and not catch anything, but that’s another thing entirely.  Not that I would know, personally. 

On Thursday of this week I hiked in to Cache Creek and practiced my never-acquired long-forgotten skills, and, to my surprise, I actually caught a few.  I felt accomplished.  The day was beautiful, the company was wonderful, and the fish were biting; what more can a girl ask for?

DSCN3951

Speaking of company, here’s one of my teachers and guides.  He sure looks the part!

DSCN3966

It was about a 2.5 mile hike in, which took a bit longer than usual as there was a bison traffic jam on the trail.  They made zero indication of having a lunch date to get to, so we lost a good twenty minutes of fishing time.  Such is life in YNP.

DSCN3987

DSCN3946

This Montana-Wyoming adventure continued on Friday when I joined the SCAT ladies (my former knitting club) of Crandall and Sunlight Basin on a drive/hike to Bald Ridge, which overlooks the entire canyon.  What a spectacular view it was!

DSCN4003

Uta, a wee German wanderer.

DSCN4021

Here’s myself and Bertie, one of my dearest friends out here.  The wind was blowing!

DSCN4027

On Saturday I relaxed, or at least stayed in one place much of the day.  In fact, I spent the day writing my sermon I preached this morning at my former Chapel.  It was great to be back behind the pulpit at MRCP.  Thanks everyone for allowing me back! 

And now I sit here waiting for a friend, Kim, to arrive from Washington.  She’ll be here for the next 2-3 days and I can’t even imagine what kind of crazy adventures she’ll drag me on during those days.  Hopefully I survive to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment